*Please note that applicants without bookkeeping experience will not be considered*
The Position:We’re currently looking for a part-time or full-time full charge bookkeeper! A minimum of 20 hours/week is required and the candidate is expected to work 5 days/week (no exceptions). There is the opportunity to do some work during non-business hours, but the bookkeeper is expected to check email during the business hours and be available for occasional pre-scheduled client meetings. There is an initial in-office training period of 1-2 weeks depending on the experience of the candidate. Once training is complete, the bookkeeper can work from either office. Working form home is also an option as long as work is performed timely and accurately.
Application Process:Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Allow us a few days to review the resume before we get back to you. Attend either a Zoom interview or in-person interview at our Rockville, MD or Vienna, VA office
The Company:We are a thriving CPA Firm based in Rockville, MD and Vienna, VA that offers its employees valuable work experience and a great culture. Doyle, Schultz & Bhatia PLLC is dedicated to cultivating a family-friendly environment where we value a healthy work-life balance.
- Our company encourages employees to take initiative and give them the freedom to do their job–no micromanaging here.
- We believe in taking great care of our clients and employees and it’s become our reputation.
- Must be knowledgeable in QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Have an ability to own client relationships and enjoy working with them! This usually means you have a knack for clear communication, professionalism, and patience.
- Be committed to researching and taking initiative when there’s something you don’t know. In other words, be willing/excited to deliver more than just compliance work. We are a trusted advisor to our clients and they rely on us for advice, guidance–not just numbers.
- Entering daily transactions for our clients
- Responding to requests from clients on general accounting needs (i.e. running reports, responding to requests, etc.)
- Process payroll using QuickBooks payroll
- Prepare reconciliations (i.e. bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, general ledger accounts, etc.)
- Perform self-review to ensure that accounting is accurate
- Prepare financial statements and provide an overview of the client
- Establish, document, and evaluate internal processes for the best client experience.
- Manage prospective and current client correspondence
- Assist in building our brand, our firm, and our client base through referrals